Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and contact potential carrier, managing general agent, broker and self-insured clients for Workers Compensation Claims in California and elsewhere
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity, NARS website, employees and industry contacts
- Give presentations and sell company services to potential clients
- Coordinate with appropriate staff on the creation of presentations
- Produce revenue through sales to new and existing clients
- With appropriate personnel assistance, prepare and negotiate fee schedules
- Monitor governmental and local municipality Request for Proposals (RFPs) and assist in their completion
- Communicate new service opportunities, special developments or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff
- Prepare action plans, schedules and status reports identifying specific targets and tasks being undertaken to secure their business
- Document all contacts, opportunities and activities in Dynamics 365 (Microsoft CRM)
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, conferences and trade shows
- Fulfill various public speaking engagements at marketing events
- Active participant in local and national trade associations
- Establish and maintain a deep knowledge-base on core coverage lines, risk management solutions and insurance products
- Assist in further development of marketing materials
- Professional appearance required
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must be willing and able to attend meetings by Skype or Facetime as requested.
- Proactively engage existing clients by anticipating and helping to plan for future needs
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships
- Support account services through quality checks and other follow-up
- Assist as needed with client implementation/concerns
- Bachelor Degree in Sales, Marketing or Management is preferred
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of marketing/sales experience is preferred
- Marketing/sales experience must be in claims and/or claims related services
- Designations are preferred
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to explain and appropriately respond to clients and potential clients during in-person presentations
- Advanced knowledge of computer software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, CRMs, etc.
- Comfortable with extensive travel, including overnight trips and willingness to work flexible hours
- Requires some lifting of boxes (marketing materials and displays) up to approximately 20 pounds
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials including RFP’s
- Strong public speaking skills
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse and exposure to computer screen via desktop or laptop computer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance when necessary.
Incumbents within this position must abide by basic workplace safety procedures and adhere to the standards of conduct set forth in the North American Risk Services, Inc. Employee Handbook. In addition, you may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization’s services (may include: visitors, employees or others).
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com.