The IT Infrastructure Manager will oversee the Server & Storage and Network Infrastructure within the IT department. This position requires MS Windows server, Linux server, networking, general infrastructure and cyber-security skills as well as keen customer support, communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be able to drive change to support organization and departmental goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to ensure outstanding technical service to all external and internal customers.
- Maintain proper documentation of IT policies and procedures.
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues which may involve other IT functional areas.
- Act as escalation point for all infrastructure requests and incidents.
- Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation process to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow-up regarding end-user issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of focus within the Server & Storage and Network Infrastructure Teams by prioritizing issues and communicating appropriately.
- Ensure that the Infrastructure and network teams maintains a high level of responsiveness, communication, professionalism and overall staff knowledge.
- Manage, monitor and report on the services and service levels required to support and deliver an exceptional IT support environment.
- Work closely with entire IT team and business operations to ensure effective design, implementation and steady-state support of projects and initiatives.
- Ability to follow a structured change management / deployment methodology.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education / Licensing:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Minimum of 5+ years Leading / Managing Teams large or small.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands on technical knowledge and experience with the following:
- Multi-domain Windows enterprise environment.
- Cloud hosting experience with Azure, Amazon, etc.
- Virtual servers in a VMWare environment.
- Solarwinds, NetFlow or similar network monitoring tools.
- Cloud based telephony experience, Nextiva, RingCentral, Skype, etc.
- Understanding of security standards around sensitive data including financial transactions, personally identifiable information, healthcare records, etc.
- Experience in data encryption, in transit and at rest.
- Experience with multi-factor authentication, single sign on, and identity automation.
- Experience in maintaining VOIP telephony.
- IT audit and compliance.
- Core Microsoft technologies including but not limited to Windows Servers, Active Directory, Office 365, MS SQL
- Core network technologies like LAN/WAN, subnets, firewalls, VLANs, and VPN using switches, routers and ASAs. Cisco experience a plus.
- Current MS SCCM experience a plus.
- Advanced network routing & switching a plus.
- Experience managing servers, network, etc in remote working and remote office situations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Assist in formulating and implementing procedures to improve IT service levels.
- ITIL standard practices and procedures a plus.
- Detail oriented and strongly effective analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment without sacrificing customer service.
- The ability to quickly assess problems and find workable solutions.
- The skills to synthesize information, distill relevant facts and reach logical conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Requires long periods of sitting.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled condition.
- Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Repeated use of a keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens.
- Requires travel as assigned, which can at times be extensive (5 to 7 days per month).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance when necessary.
Incumbents within this position must abide by basic workplace safety procedures and adhere to the standards of conduct set forth in the North American Risk Services, Inc. Employee Handbook. In addition, you may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization’s services (may include: visitors, employees or others).
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.