Ensure timely and accurate filings to jurisdictions for the specific type of reports being filed on Work Comp claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit timely and accurate reports to jurisdictions as indicated by the claim file.
- Responsible for TPA compliance with reporting requirements.
- Accurately report facts and figures, resubmit changes as needed.
- Advise adjusters as needed answering questions regarding state filings, and assist with electronic filings as required.
- Remain on target with project spreadsheet, reporting status to manager frequently.
- Utilize jurisdictional contacts to garner information regarding report filings and changes in report requirements or implementation. Keep adjusters aware of any changes.
- Establish connections with and written procedures to complete filings with new jurisdictions.
- Make sure facts reported to jurisdictions are supported by electronic claim notes, paperwork in the physical file and payment data.
- Document previously accepted fillings and other pertinent information on claims as obtained from jurisdictions.
- Track progress of filings as they are made and update claims notes to reflect the same.
- Assist adjusters in determining if overpayments have been made and file reports to show the application of overpayment credits.
- Transcribe claims statements and requested documents.
- Assist in other areas or special projects as directed by the manager or director.
- High School Diploma or higher with 2+ years of claim experience.
- Technical skills:
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software. (Microsoft Office platform.)
- Requires long periods of sitting
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds