Join our Team!
NARS is a privately owned, rapidly growing third party claims administrator. Although we have offices nationwide, NARS maintains a close-knit family feel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of resources within a unit of 5-8 claims adjusters with workloads of 125-150 claims to ensure a timely and efficient/thorough investigation, evaluation and disposition of claims including reserving, vendor control, litigation and reporting functions
- Provides appropriate direction in claim file reviews and coaching, mentoring and development assistance for subordinates based upon trending observations
- Serve as technical subject matter expert in areas of construction defect, environmental & professional liability claims
- Management of file inventory control and fair distribution of work within the unit
- File auditing for compliance to state/federal/industry requirements, company processes and achievement of company goals and objectives
- Participation in “round table”, leadership or management meetings and training programs
- Approval of reserves and payments above examiner’s authority established by the company and time off requests by staff to ensure adequate unit coverage at all times
- Provides customer service i.e. assistance and information to client representatives
- Handles performance evaluations and personnel issues coordinated with HR and legal departments
- Miscellaneous assigned duties and projects as assigned by directors
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or higher with 5+ years claim experience or a Bachelor’s Degree
- Industry certifications preferred; juris doctorate preferred
- Must have 5+ years heavy litigation experience
- Must possess 5+ years supervisory experience
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $100,000+ (where client appropriate)
- Must possess a current state of domicile adjusters license as well as other required jurisdictional licensing
- Must pass internal audits as well as those performed by regulatory agencies, carriers and clients Follow all reporting requests as outlined by client guidelines
- 24/7 Accessibility needed
- Sales or marketing aptitude a must
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must have negotiation and litigation skills for heavy work with attorneys and arbitration on first and third party claims.
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. (Microsoft Office platform.)
- Requires long periods of sitting
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse and exposure to computer screen
- Must be willing to travel as assigned
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.