Join our Team!
NARS is a privately owned, rapidly growing third party claims administrator. Although we have offices nationwide, NARS maintains a close-knit family feel.
The Unit Manager will supervise property and casualty adjusters handling property and liability claims for clients in Florida. The Unit Manager will be responsible for technical and administrative functions of daily claims, and will oversee expense and financial controls, as well as coverage issues. Will manage the quality and cost of claims adjusted by the adjusters, manage to performance measures, ensure cost effective delivery of outstanding customer service, provide technical direction in claims and litigation/mediation, facilitate the reporting to internal and external customers, respond to client audits, and ensure appropriate training and retention of staff. Will also monitor quality, compliance, and application of claim policies, procedures and results. Provide consultation for staffing trends, leverage technology to improve efficiency, and develop and maintain effective relationships with others. Maintain appropriate and timely diary on claim files.
Provides technical direction in claims and facilitates reporting to internal and external customers, SIU, carriers, re-insurers, brokers and agents. Administers resources, including staff, systems, and workflows to ensure profitability in each of the programs managed. Ensures total compliance with all state and regulatory laws and reporting requirements. Communicates legislative actions, court decisions, industry trends and developments. Motivates and develops staff to ensure success. Provides information and assistance to client representatives. Participates in “round tables,” leadership or management meetings, and training programs and contributes to their interactions and outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned that may include, but are not limited to, providing audit support, litigation management, research, marketing, or back up support for other areas within the organization (travel may be required).
Assists in development and implementation of catastrophe program.
- Experience within a carrier setting ideal, but not required.
- Motivated, flexible team player.
- The candidate should have experience with daily claims adjusting, including hurricane, water, hail, and/or tornadoes.
- Candidate should have experience with the various forms of property policies (HO3, HO4, HO6).
- Must have a general understanding of applicable statutes, building codes, regulations and case law.
- Must be able to maintain constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives, and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.
- This will require 24/7 availability for potential emergency claims.
- Bi-lingual, commercial property and sinkhole experience is a plus.
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Proficiency in claims systems (i.e. Xactimate and XactAnalysis) is a plus.
- Advanced Degree, CPCU, or other industry claims designations are a plus.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information, and strong negotiation skills for work with attorneys, public adjusters, claimants, and first party insureds.
- Must have solid technical skills in claims handling matters, and should be able to synthesize information competently and present it to management, staff, and external customers in either verbal or written form.
Type of Degree Required: Bachelor Degree.
Years of previous experience necessary to complete job: 6+
Type of License/Certifications required: Florida Adjusters license.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com.