Assist Accounting Department with various financial tasks, including, financial reporting, detailed claim accounting, bank and claim reconciliations, and other claims accounting items.
- Prepare various financial reports monthly for 40+ clients including, but not limited to, monthly bank and claim payment reconciliations.
- Process stop and void payments in the claims system and when applicable with the banking institution.
- Review, identify, and correct transactional errors as part of claim payment reconciliation process.
- Ensure bank accounts have sufficient funding from clients to guarantee timely issuance of payments.
- Communicate via verbal and written communication with clients to resolve accounting issues.
- Deposit and post recovery and refund payments. Reconcile recoveries and refunds monthly.
- When necessary, assist the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, & Treasury Analysts. Work closely with IT and Account Management Departments to ensure data provided is accurate, complete and complies with contractual obligations.
- Process returned escheatment letters, update tracking mechanisms, and report unclaimed property per individual and state filing requirements.
- Review, assess, and resolve any errors associated with daily banking export files.
- Produce detailed invoices for claims services rendered.
- Assist with client audits as needed.
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.