Engaged in all phases of the software development life cycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
- Knowledge of current programming languages, i.e. VB/.NET/Java/JS/PHP/SQL programming
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Prior functional experience in full software development life cycle methodology - Waterfall or Agile methodology preferred.
- Experience in writing views, stored procedures, triggers and functions with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience with scripting, process automation and APIs
- Time management.
- Must be highly organized
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education / Licensing:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Systems Programming, Information Technology, Accounting, Math and/or relevant professional certifications).
- Knowledge of insurance, claims industry a plus.