Job will be remote until Altamonte Springs, FL office is open.
Collaborate with the lead architect, developers, business analysts and company executives in order to determine the software's technical direction, system design and implementation plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a development team with good engineering practices and systems thinking.
- Own the creation and managing of the software development lifecycle processes.
- Manage and oversee the design and development of software applications.
- Collaborate with team to design and communicate product roadmaps.
- Estimate and discuss feature ideas and stories, be a proactive member of the team.
- Set and monitor expectations and metrics on software quality.
- Manage features and scope creep to allow on-time delivery of software.
- Work with developers to create accurate time estimates of new features.
- Triage software defects for developers and assist in the prioritization of enhancements to future releases.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team, workload, priorities, etc.
- Participate in the technical design discussions.
- Advocate for and track progress on technology and tools changes that enable an increase in quality and timeliness of software releases.
- Collaborate with direct reports on their professional development and growth.
- Engage in Performance Evaluation, leadership meetings and manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Challenge and inspire the team to deliver applications motivated by user needs.
- Code reviews, performance reviews, counseling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5+ years leading/managing teams large or small.
- Minimum of 3 years Software Development Management.
- A passion for developing products and creating and leading teams.
- Mobile Software Development experience a plus.
- Understanding of Change Management principles.
- Understanding of software design, development, build process, and release process:
- UI/UX design
- Technical requirements
- Code reviews
- Code versioning
- Testing and QA processes
- Build, code merging, branching, etc.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication (written and verbal) with internal and external customers.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Prior functional experience in full software development life cycle methodology - Waterfall or Agile methodology preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office platform, Visio, SharePoint).
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to work independently.
Education / Licensing:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Systems Programming, Information Technology, Accounting, Math and/or relevant professional certifications).
- Knowledge of insurance, claims industry a plus.