Assist Accounting Department with various financial tasks, including, detailed claim accounting, bank and claim reconciliations, treasury management, and other claims accounting items.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare various financial reports monthly for 25+ clients including, but not limited to, monthly replenishment reports, bank and claim payment reconciliations.
- Process stop and void payments in the claims system and when applicable with the banking institution.
- Review, identify, and correct transactional errors as part of claim payment reconciliation process.
- Ensure bank accounts have sufficient funding from clients to guarantee timely issuance of payments.
- Daily monitoring of approximately 150 bank accounts. This includes monitoring of cleared checks, incoming/outgoing wire activity and current bank balances.
- Manage & resolve any positive pay exceptions.
- Communicate via verbal and written communication with clients to resolve accounting issues.
- Post recovery and refund payments. Reconcile recoveries and refunds monthly.
- Work closely with IT and Account Management departments to ensure data provided is accurate, complete and complies with contractual obligations.
- Process returned escheatment letters, update tracking mechanisms, and report unclaimed property per individual and state filing requirements.
- Review, assess, and resolve any errors associated with daily banking export files.
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred
- 1-3 years accounting or industry experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accurate typing of 55+ wpm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Accounting Software (Oracle, QuickBooks, etc.) is a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Claims accounting experience is a plus
- Time Management
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time, repetitive movements with the computer mouse and key strokes.
- Must be able to effectively interact with employees, vendors, and administration on a daily basis.