Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the operational business process owners and end-users to develop thorough requirements
- Create concise and relevant project artifacts and build metrics that relate to the business needs
- Work with developers to ensure requirements are met and provide insight into the requirements during development
- Communicate with all levels of the organization (end users – sr. executive level)
- Function as a subject matter, process, and operational expert for business processes
- Identifies and resolves gaps in technology, processes, and resources
- Ensures timely delivery of requirements and design documents in line with project milestones
- Recommend improvements and create implementation plans to create efficiency in processes
- Conduct interviews and investigations and perform analysis to create business cases for projects
- Present business cases to company leadership for decision making
- Collaborate with training department to coordinate end-user training
- Collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes owned by the group
- Responsible for analyzing improvement requests to determine ROI
- Responsible for documenting processes
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of the insurance claims industry is a plus.
- Six Sigma certification is not required; I would prefer practical knowledge of implementing the process.
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must possess excellent presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of various computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software, PowerPoint, and Saleforce.com. (Microsoft Office platform).
- Advanced familiarity with all aspects of business process documentation, requirements gathering, and project management.
- Experience with and an understanding of agile and scrum processes about software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work with and adjust to evolving processes, tight deadlines, and changing priorities
- Requires long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Requires working in office location full-time.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens from either a desktop or laptop computer.
- Requires extensive travel, including overnight as needed.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Professional appearance required.