Our Property Desk Appraiser investigates, evaluates, and appraises property damage on a caseload of 10 appraisals per day of varying conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examines damage to real property.
• Follows the company photograph guidelines to verify the identity of the property and to thoroughly document current condition/damage, prior damage, etc.
• Reviews estimates submitted with photos and subrogation demands.
• Prepares accurately written appraisals to determine and verify the extent of property damage.
• Ensures adherence to claims procedures and guidelines prescribed by the company and account handling instructions to produce a high-quality work product.
• Negotiates repair prices and secures agreed prices for repairs.
• Obtains all necessary documentation to substantiate the appraisal and/or settlement being offered.
• Returns completed appraisal to the handling adjuster no later than 24 hours from the date of inspection, receipt of photos, subrogation demands, or owners’ choice estimates.
Education / Licensing:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 3+ years of experience in property appraising required.
• Insurance carrier experience is a plus.
• Must have good computer skills - including proficient use of Xactimate.
• Must have good planning and organizing skills.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Some positions may require specific bilingual skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively deal with conflict.
• Requires long periods of sitting.
• If you live within 25 miles of an office, you will be required to commute and work out of that office.
• Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds.
• Repeated use of a keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens.
• Requires travel as assigned, which can at times be extensive (5 to 7 days per month).