Provides technical and telephonic customer service support for the claim department representatives by setting up first notice of loss claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide telephone service and assistance to all company customers and other claim-related parties.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a polite, timely, and accurate manner.
- Enter and maintain required claim information into the company claim system.
- Notify appropriate technical personnel regarding both new losses and technical inquiries.
- Provide pre and post-loss material to assigned customers as required.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties as required or directed.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish), including translation a plus.
- 2+ years of customer service experience preferred.
- Advanced/accurate typing skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of various computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software. (Microsoft Office platform.)
- The position requires poise, tact, and diplomacy at all times.
- Must be able and agree to work overtime as needed, especially during a catastrophe.
- Must have high interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customers, claimants, and other parties involved.
- Requires extended periods of sitting
- Requires consistent data entry/typing ability
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screen
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds