Provide technical support and telephonic customer service for the claim department. Knowledgeable in the requirements of clients assigned. This position requires maintaining data integrity, timely and accurate contacts, timely and appropriate initial follow-up when needed, determining and documenting the facts of loss through thorough contacts, obtain damage information and properly document the file, identification of potential fraud and appropriate use of authorized vendors. All claims must be handled within state statutory and regulatory guidelines, the Client Account Handling Instructions and NARS Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Place follow up calls to insureds/claimants/agents to obtain missing information.
- Make initial contact with appropriate parties, obtain facts of the loss based on appropriate scripts and thoroughly document file notes to assist adjuster with investigation and the ability analyze liability, compensability and subrogation potential.
- Accurately complete coverage template based on line of business.
- Send for police/fire/hail/wind/lightening reports as needed.
- Answer phones, check voicemail and return all messages within 4 business hours.
- Identify and note files with identified subrogation potential.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a polite, timely and accurate manner.
- Make follow up phone calls to IA’s as needed for status of appraisal
- Contact insured/agent and provide status of claim after IA contact
- Enter and maintain required claim information into company claim system.
- Notify appropriate technical personnel regarding both new losses and technical inquiries on existing losses.
- Recognize any potentially fraudulent cases and refer to the appropriate SIU.
- Maintain all diaries to regularly follow up with claims in a complete and timely manner.
- Pass all internal and external audits, which may include those performed by clients, carriers and/or regulatory agencies.
- Follow all reporting guidelines as outlined by NARS Best Practices and Client Account Handling Instructions.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, higher education a plus
- Must be able to work staggered shifts
- Bi-lingual /preferred
- 2+ years of customer service experience preferred.
- Must possess a current state of domicile adjusters license as well as other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must be able to work independently under moderate supervision
- Demonstrate excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. (Microsoft Office platform.)
- Requires long periods of sitting
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse and exposure to computer screen