Extract and report information on company income & claim data providing technical expertise and ensuring the quality and accuracy of that data. The Analyst will be asked to present the information in ways to help the company to make business decisions. The Business & Data Analyst will also monitor company form integrity, manual revisions & other data elements both internally to staff and externally to customers. This position requires the employee to a have a high level of attention to detail and degree of articulation.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- The ability to plan, work and meet deadlines
- Must have strong leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills and be able to work in a technical capacity
- Ability to effectively provide information to management, employees, and clients
- Ability to understand basic mathematical relationships and formulas
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for resolution
- Ability to evaluate information for accuracy and usefulness in solving problems
- Use working knowledge of data concepts, to build efficient & effective solutions for clients
- Pull data from existing data sources and tables & push to end-users for reporting/analysis
- Document the systems, processes, and logic required to expose the existing data sets
- Deliver high-quality solutions integrating data from multiple different sources
- Candidates should be able to easily understand business performance metrics and enterprise reporting platforms as well as possess the ability to showcase metrics, attributes, ratios, and historical benchmarks in compelling and easy to understand ways with strong reporting, data analytics, and visualization skills.
- Work comfortably w/ both business and IT and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Identify data anomalies and work to develop policies and best practices while performing root cause analysis on data quality issues
- Filter and clean data for company reporting and performance indicators by identifying and/or correcting code problems and improving the efficiency of in place data collection processes
- Proactively improve the quality of company reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Exception analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar & efficient in MySQL & SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Previous experience with insurance related systems including claim management systems preferred
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop quality analytics deliverables with documentation
- Knowledge of Database Software (Oracle, etc.) is a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical data management skills w/ the ability to navigate large data sets & complex logic
- Organized self-starter, positive attitude, excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Time Management
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time, repetitive movements with the computer mouse and key strokes.
- Must be able to effectively interact with employees, vendors and administration on a daily basis.