The PIP Claims Adjuster will handle a caseload of approximately 150 pending claims that encompass all levels of complexity. Must be licensed in the state of residency, if required by the state. Must be willing to learn new jurisdictions and obtain required licenses. Must have FL experience. Establish facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, liability/negligence determination, coordination of medical care (as appropriate), litigation management, damage assessment, settlement negotiations, identifying potential fraud, and appropriate use of authorized vendors. Also includes timely and appropriate reserve analysis and report completion. Ability to attend conferences, and client meetings, mentor other adjusters and assist management as requested. All file handling must be within state statutes, Client Claims Handling Guidelines, and NARS Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include travel. Must have FL License.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
- Must have litigation experience.
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $50,000+ when appropriate.
- Must possess Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Advance level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Requires advanced ability to negotiate claims and to direct litigation.
- Must have negotiation and litigation skills for significant work with attorneys and arbitration on first- and third-party claims.
- Requires advanced ability to work independently.
- Requires an advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Must possess advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.