The Senior Database Report Writer is responsible for the development and support of database reports and related business intelligence interfaces. The senior report writer works with internal business units as well as external clients to translate business needs into accessible and actionable information. They design and perform rigorous statistical analyses and visualizations in support of end-user business goals. The senior report writer is a technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and advanced problem-solving and analytic skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement effective data analytics practices that drive improved decision-making, efficiency, and performance.
- Extract data from claims database, analyze, present, and explain information in an accessible and actionable way.
- Generate ideas and innovate analytics to support end-user business goals.
- Communicate with end-users to understand requirements and assist in the development of reporting solutions.
- Provide support to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports.
- Evaluate existing reporting systems and queries for improvements and optimization.
- Investigate and troubleshoot data quality workflows or data quality issues, and proactively communicate issues to the team to assist in managing defects.
- Perform analysis of data quality issues.
- Communicate regularly with IT to ensure database integrity and optimized performance.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with report development and data analytics
- High level of skill with data querying languages (SQL, R, etc.)
- Experienced with Amazon QuickSight
- Experience in designing and building lists, crosstabs, graphs, scorecards, metrics, filters, prompts, standard reports, and dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in working with relational and multidimensional database schemas and writing queries
- Technical proficiency including systems maintenance, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, monitoring, performance measurements, change management as well as issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Experience and/or knowledge in process documentation and improvement
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and claims a plus.
Education / Licensing:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Time management.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in multidepartment collaborations with competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software, PowerPoint, and Saleforce.com. (Microsoft Office platform).
- Advanced familiarity with all aspects of project management.
- Requires long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens from either a desktop or laptop computer.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.