Job Description: The Mail/Scan Clerk is responsible for the timely and efficient handling of incoming mail. The incumbent will prepare and scan all incoming mail and correspondence timely, accurately and legibly. Specialist will also research to locate a physical file when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort mail accordingly for scanning. Claim Mail/Check – Draft/Medical Bill/Non- claim mail.
- Scans incoming claims mail, and checks/drafts.
- Verifies the accuracy of each scan and ensures the legibility of each document.
- Exceeds or maintains department scanning production requirements of 5 seconds per page.
- Attach scan document to the appropriate claim file within the claims system (Claims Cube).
- Store paper correspondence by received date. Keeps storage information current in electronic format. Coordinates the removal and retrieval of original documents with storage facility.
- Contributes to the daily workflow with regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs related or other assigned duties as required or directed.
- Assist Facilities Manager with office move/relocations.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED required.
- Computer Training - Experience with computers and mail systems preferred.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills required, computer skills including Microsoft Windows products.
- Must be able to adapt to software changes as they occur.
- Must be able to open and sort mail quickly and accurately.
- Ability to learn the scanning functions of the claims processing software.
- Ability to enter dates with precision, scan documents legibly and quickly, and identify and correct errors.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to learn new rate structures as imposed by the USPS and implemented by the company.
- Possess high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with coworkers.
- Ability to organize the work environment to present a professional and efficient use of space.
- Ability to project a professional image and a positive outlook in any work environment.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with professionalism and patience and to exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to operate typical office equipment and mail processing equipment.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift approximately 45 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, kneel and stoop without difficulty.
- Must be able to work on computer for long periods of time.