The role of the UI/UX Designer is responsible for creating user interfaces that meet user requirements
and offer an intuitive and user-friendly experience. They design the interface that a user sees, and
research on how the design needs to be structured using various UX design techniques. It is the
responsibility of a UI/UX designer to ensure that the product they build is easy to use and navigate
- Planning look and feel of each page or screen before it is built.
- The overall aesthetic appeal and experience of using the product.
- How easily a user moves from one step to another in navigating through the product?
- How does a user interact with the product?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Business Analysts, End Users and Developers to create a cohesive fluid design to our applications and workflows.
- Investigating user experience design requirements for all of NARS in house developed applications.
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for our Brand.
- Planning the overall look and feel of applications.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
Education / Licensing:
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years’ UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- Claims experience a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software, i.e., Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Time management.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of NARS’ system and software.
- Requires long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens from either a desktop or laptop computer.
- Requires extensive travel including overnight as needed.
- Excellent ability to persuade and influence others.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.