Senior-level claims position to oversee a unit of 5-8 people and their respective caseloads. Manage your unit's claim metrics and ensure they are kept current. Oversee all aspects of the total loss portion of claim files from acceptance of the claim through the recovery of salvage. including, but not limited to, damage assessment, valuation, handling of total loss paperwork, and salvage recovery. Establish and approve reserves as needed, ability to attend client meetings, mentor adjusters, and assist management as requested. Ensure files assigned to the unit are handled within state statutes, Client Claim Handling Guidelines, and NARS Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include travel.
- Effectively supervise units of 5-8 claims people and their respective caseloads in a proactive manner.
- Adhere to all file handling standards, NARS Best Practices, state statutes, and requirements necessary to pass audits performed by regulatory agencies, carriers, and clients. Form well-written emails and LLR's internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information.
- Experience managing total loss adjusters
- Experience in dealing with Copart and Insurance Auto Auctions
- Experience in the salvage process
- Adhere to the policy and procedures of NARS.
- Lead and manage by example to promote the culture of service and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership to achieve key business goals.
- Assign accountability for desired outcomes and hold adjusters to required dates.
- Communicate clearly and provide adequate direction.
- Track trends by program and unit – know the team’s claims when a client asks.
- Know the Team’s Clients and be able to confidently discuss their claims.
- Effectively manage corrective action processes in accordance with Human Resource guidelines.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of overall claims and litigation experience, preferably in the line of business being handled.
- Must have 5+ years Claims Supervisory experience or similar/related experience in the appropriate field including restaurant/premises, product liability experience.
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $100,000+ (where client appropriate).
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.