Our Auto Desk Appraiser investigates, evaluates, and appraises damaged motor vehicles on a caseload of 10 appraisals per day of varying condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examines first and third-party vehicle damage.
• Follows the company photograph guidelines to verify the identity of the vehicle and to thoroughly document current condition/damage, prior damage, vehicle options, etc.
• Reviews estimates submitted with photos and subrogation demands.
• Prepares accurate written appraisals to determine and verify the extent of vehicular damage.
• Ensures adherence to claims procedures and guidelines prescribed by the company and account handling instructions to produce a high-quality work product.
• Negotiates repair prices with repair facilities and secures agreed prices for repairs.
• Maintains a list of company approved part suppliers and uses these firms whenever possible/applicable to control the cost of repairs and to ensure quality work.
• Obtains all necessary documentation to substantiate the appraisal and/or settlement being offered.
• Returns completed appraisal to the handling adjuster no later than 24 hours from date of inspection, receipt of photos, subrogation demands or owners’ choice estimates.
• Requests photos from repair facilities, creates estimates and establishes an agreed upon price on reinspects within two (2) business days.
Education / Licensing:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 3+ years of experience in automobile appraising required.
• Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.
• Insurance carrier experience is a plus.
• Must have good computer skills.
• Must have good planning and organizing skills.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Some positions may require specific bilingual skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively deal with conflict.
• Requires long periods of sitting.
• If you live within 25 miles of an office, you will be required to commute and work out of that office.
• Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• Requires lifting of files and boxes up to approximately 20 pounds.
• Repeated use of a keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens.
• Requires travel as assigned, which can at times be extensive (5 to 7 days per month).